1.23.2007

The Night Before I Leave


Hey Y'all. I am still awake the night before I leave, although I should be asleep already. I am just too dang excited to go to bed. It is hard to explain the feelings I have within me. I mean, I am enjoying my last Fat Tire before I leave, so I guess that is a nice warm feeling inside. But there is a lot of anticipation mixed with excitement for the unknown mixed with expectancy for many God-encounters.
SIDE THOUGHT: My friend Megan stopped by briefly at the house today as I was packing, to say goodbye, as she has been in Antartica for the last 2 weeks. Well, she shared with me one of the things she was praying about for me and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. She said that she is going to pray that God will allow me to truly dream while there in Kenya. Not the night-time dreaming...the kind of dreaming that we used to do as kids. Can you remember the last time you just dreamt of the future, of what could be, of just the most far-fetched ideas?

I would like to challenge you to dream big, and to have an even bigger God. The bigger the God the bigger the dream. I would also like to challenge you to ask yourself, "What am I passionate about?" I asked myself this question a year ago and in just a few hours, I will get on a plane to investigate this.

I love you all and am thankful for your prayers and support. I look forward to sharing more stories and thoughts with you and to read more comments from you so keep them coming.

3 comments:

Randy said...

Joshua.. I am so excited for your mission trip! I hope the next 6 weeks are the most amazing, eye opening, growing, experience of your life. Meg and I are praying for you and your trip daily. Be safe! Love you!

Randall and Meg

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

Josh-
Come home...or blog or something. We miss you.

Unknown said...

It's hard for me to picture a big God or Jesus. I piture more of a baby Jesue. A 6 lbs. 8 oz. baby Jesus! I have always dreamed the day that you and everyone I know find your purpose in life. I am so proud of you. Always follow the breadcrumbs that God is trailing behind! I love you. Shake 'n bake!